WHO IS CASSANDRA FERNANDO?
- Cassandra Fernando is the pre-selected Labor candidate for the VIC federal seat of Holt, which is located in the outer south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne;
- Cassandra is Sri Lankan background and migrated to Australia with her family when she was only 11;
- When Cassandra was 14 she worked at Woolworths in Dandenong Plaza and spent almost 14 years baking, stacking shelves and making lifelong friends;
- She currently works as an organiser for the Shop Distributive and Allied Employees Union;
- She is a proud migrant, a pastry chef and an advocate for essential workers;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF HOLT LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of Holt is located in the outer south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne and includes suburbs such as Blind Bight, Botanic Bridge, Clyde, Cranbourne, Hampton Park etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of Holt is currently held by Labor MP Anthony Byrne, who is going into retirement from politics;
- The demographics of Holt consist of a very large population of those coming from an Indian background (7.1%), Sri Lankan (4.2%) and Afghan (3.7%);
WHY IS CASSANDRA PUTTING HER HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Cassandra wants to fight for a better future for all families like her in Holt so no one is left behind;
- Being an essential workers advocate and a union organiser she also has a passion to fight for better working rights for all Australians;
MEDIA ON CASSANDRA FERNANDO – here are a few media articles about Cassandra and her candidacy:
- Union Organiser Cassandra Fernando Will Replace Anthony Byrne And Run For The Safe Labor Seat Of Holt;
- Labor finalises candidates in crucial seats ahead of election;
- Labor finalise crucial election candidates;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND CASSANDRA?
- Email: email@example.com;
- Facebook: @cassandrafernandoholt;
- Intsagram: @cassandrafernandoholt;
- Linktree: https://linktr.ee/cassandraforholt;
WANT TO DONATE TO CASSANDRA’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE