WHO IS MIRA D’SILVA?
- Mira D’Silva is the pre-selected Liberal Party candidate for the VIC federal seat of Maribyrnong, which is located in the inner north-western suburbs of Melbourne;
- Mira immigrated to Melbourne from India in 2004 and started a small IT recruitment company after completing her master’s in Human Resources back in 2002;
- Mira and her husband scaled the business up into a Professional Services organisation (150+ employees), focused on technology;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF MARIBYRNONG LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of Maribyrnong is located in the inner north-western suburbs of Melbourne. It covers suburbs such as Airport West, Avondale Heights. Footscray, Essendon, Maribyrnong etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral (AEC) website);
- The seat of Maribyrnong is currently held by former Labor Opposition leader Bill Shorten;
- The demographics of Maribyrnong is interesting with (10.1%) of the electorate’s population coming from a Vietnamese background. (3.9%) of the electorate’s population were born in India and (1.8%) of the electorate’s population were born in China;
WHY IS MIRA PUTTING HER HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Coming from a strong business background, Mira wants to use her skills, knowledge and experience to represent the needs of the Maribyrnong community;
- She is also active in the local and multicultural communities and wants to support their needs and requirements;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MIRA?
- Email: mira.d’firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone: 0432 636 666;
- Facebook: @miradsilvamaribyrnong;
- Twitter: @MiraDsilva_Lib;
- Website: https://www.miradsilva.com.au/about;
WANT TO DONATE TO MIRA’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE