WHO IS CHETAN SAHAI?
- Chetan Sahai is the pre-selected Greens candidate for the NSW federal seat of Sydney which is located in and around Sydney’s CBD;
- Chetan is a renter, climate activist and a proud Indian Australian;
- He is currently a postgraduate political economy student at the University of Sydney;
- Chetan worked for many years at the cutting edge of digital technology as a product manager, management consultant and software engineer;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF SYDNEY LIKE?
- The federal NSW seat of Sydney is located in and around the CBD of Sydney and covers suburbs of Alexandria, Broadway, Darlington, Glebe, Zetland, Pyrmont, Erskineville etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- Its demographic is quite diverse and because it covers areas in and around the CBD, with almost half of the population ( 48.2%) born overseas and (36.8%) speaking another language other than English;
- The federal seat of Sydney is currently held by Tanya Plibersek, who is currently the Deputy Leader for the Labor Opposition;
WHY IS CHETAN PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Chetan wants real action on climate change and wants sustainable and affordable housing;
- He also wants an economy which works for all Australians and not just a select few;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND CHETAN?
- Email: Sydney.Federal@nsw.greens.org.au
- Facebook: @ChetanSahaiSydney
- Twitter: Chetan_Sydney
- Instagram: @chetan.sahai.sydney
WANT TO DONATE TO CHETAN’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE