WHO IS DR MICHELLE ANANDA-RAJAH?
- Dr Michelle Ananda-Rajah is the pre-selected Labor candidate for the VIC federal seat of Higgins, which is located in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne;
- Michelle’s parents migrated to Australia in search of a better life for their children. Michelle understands the powerful role that education and hard work can play in changing lives;
- Michelle is now one of Australia’s leading experts in infectious diseases and works at a major Melbourne hospital;
- Michelle leads a team of frontline healthcare professionals and as COVID-19 struck, her and other frontline healthcare professionals faced unprecedented challenges and risks;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF HIGGINS LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of Higgins is located in Melbourne’s south – eastern suburbs and covers the areas of Armadale, Ashburton, Glen Iris, Kooyong, Malvern, Torah etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of Higgins is currently held by Liberal MP Katie Allen;
- The demographics shows that it is not that diverse with over (70%) of the population born in Australia. Over (50%) of the electorate population’s parents were both born in Australia with around about (28%) of the electorate population both being born overseas;
WHY IS MICHELLE PUTTING HER HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Being a medical doctor professional, Michelle has fought on the frontlines of the pandemic and believes in science not “spin” and “unity” not “division”;
- Michelle plans to put thoughtful leadership, and scientific expertise back at the centre of government;
MEDIA ON DR MICHELLE ANANDA-RAJAH – here are a few media articles talking about Michelle and her candidacy:
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MICHELLE?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Facebook: @michelleforhiggins;
- Twitter: @rajah_mich;
- Website: https://michelleforhiggins.com.au;
WANT TO DONATE TO MICHELLE’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE