WHO IS RANJ PERERA?
- Ranj Perera is the pre-selected Liberal candidate for the VIC federal seat of Holt, which is located in the outer south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne;
- Ranj was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka and at 15 moved to Australia with his family, and since 2009 has been living in Melbourne’s South East since 2009 and is raising four children along with his wife Dilumi.
- He was most recently the Chief of Staff to the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, the Hon. Jason Wood MP;
- Ranj has deep community connections in Melbourne’s South East, having served as President of We Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to assisting local individuals and families who are undergoing particular hardship;
- Ranj has also served as the President of his local Lions branch, Casey South East United, which contributes to various community projects and general wellbeing;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF HOLT LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of Holt is located in the outer south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne and includes suburbs such as Blind Bight, Botanic Bridge, Clyde, Cranbourne, Hampton Park etc – – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of Holt is currently held by Labor MP Anthony Byrne, who is going into retirement from politics;
- The demographics of Holt consist of a very large population of those coming from an Indian background (7.1%), Sri Lankan (4.2%) and Afghan (3.7%);
WHY IS RANJ PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- With a background in business and government, Ranj is committed to making it easier for locals to live and work in Melbourne’s South East;
- Ranj is passionate about creating a positive future for our families, communities and businesses, and he will work every day to make this a reality;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND RANJ?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Facebook: @RanjPerera;
- Website: https://www.ranjperera.com.au/;
WANT TO DONATE TO RANJ’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE