WHO IS SURBHI SNOWBALL?
- Surbhi Snowball is the pre-selected Labor candidate for the VIC federal seat of Flinders which is located on the outer suburbs of Melbourne;
- Surbhi grew up in Mauritius, India and Zimbabwe, coming to Australia at 20, to study and graduated in banking and finance;
- She has worked in banks, on farms, and has run her own small businesses;
- After moving to the Mornington Peninsula five years ago with her husband and two children, she got involved in the local community, working and volunteering for local organisations;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF FLINDERS LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of Flinders is located on the outer suburbs of Melbourne and includes suburbs on the Mornington Peninsula including Dromana, Hastings and Portsea;
- Flinders is still considered as a rural seat despite Melbourne’s population growth spilling over onto the peninsula;
- The seat of Flinders is currently held by the current Minister for Health and Aged Care – Liberal MP Greg Hunt;
- The demographics of Flinders is considered as a non Asian populated area with the electorate majority coming from English, New Zealand, Scottish and Italian backgrounds;
WHY IS SURBHI PUTTING HER HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Surbhi is running as a candidate because she is passionate about advocating for a netter approach to childcare, healthcare and education;
- She also is committed to fostering environments where women are involved in the decision making process;
- Surbhi is also passionate about the wellbeing of her community and environment;
MEDIA ON SURBHI SNOWBALL – here are a few media articles talking about Surbhi and her candidacy:
- ‘Future needs to look very different’: Meet Surbhi Snowball, Labor’s candidate for Flinders, Victoria;
- Democracy coffees all round as race for Hunt’s seat gets civilised;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND SURBHI?
- Email: email@example.com;
- Mobile: 0460 722 714;
- Facebook: @Surbhi Snowball – Labor for Flinders;
- Twitter: @SurbhiLabor;
- Instagram: @Surbhi4Flinders;
WANT TO DONATE TO SURBHI’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE