WHO IS APURVA SKUKLA?
- Apurva Shukla is the pre-selected Greens candidate for the NSW federal electorate of Werriwa, which is located in the south western suburbs of Sydney;
- Apurva came to Australia with his parents from India when he was just one years old;
- Apurva has just recently finished university at 22 and is disillusioned with the 2-party system;
WHAT DOES THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF WERRIWA LOOK LIKE?
- The federal NSW seat of Werriwa is located in the south western suburbs of Sydney and covers the suburbs of Ashcroft, Austral, Casula, Green Valley Bonnyrigg, Ingleburn, Kemps Creek, Mount Pritchard etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of Werriwa is currently held by Labor MP Anne Stanley and has previously been held by Laurie Ferguson and the infamous Mark Latham before;
- The demographics of Werriwa are quite diverse with a large population of those coming from both a Vietnamese background (5.4%) and Indian background (5.1%);
WHY IS APURVA PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Apurva is running as a candidate because he wants a Greens government who would take leadership over the climate change crisis;
- He wants too fight for a system that does not allow billionaires and corporations to get richer whilst inequality grows day by day;
- He wants a stronger public welfare and health system;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND APURVA?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Facebook: @apurva4greens;
- Instagram: @apurva4greens;
- Website: https://greens.org.au/nsw/person/apurva-shukla;
WANT TO DONATE TO APURVA’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE