WHO IS SAZEDA AKTER?
- Sazeda Akter is the pre-selected Liberal candidate for the NSW Federal seat of Watson, which is located in the Inner West and inner south western suburbs of Sydney;
- She currently serves as a local councillor for the Roselands / Bunmarra Ward for Canterbury Bankstown City Council;
WHAT IS THE ELECTORATE OF WATSON LIKE?
- The federal NSW seat of Watson is located in the Inner West and inner south western suburbs of Sydney and includes suburbs such as Ashbury, Belfield, Croydon Park, Enfield, Punchbowl, Strathfield South, Wiley park etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of Watson is currently held by Labor MP Tony Burke, who served as a Minister in both Rudd and Gillard Governments;
- The demographics of the area is interesting with (11.3%) of the electorate’s population having a Chinese background, with (3.5%) being born in Bangladesh, (3.1%) being born in Vietnam and (2.1%) being born in India;
WHY IS SAZEDA PUTTING HER HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Sazeda wants to work towards improving local roads and transport;
- She wants to ensure the community of Watson has access to world class hospitals and healthcare;
- She is also passionate about fighting for a stronger economy;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND SAZEDA?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Facebook: @SazedaAkter4Watson;
- Website: https://www.liberal.org.au/member/sazeda-akter;
WANT TO DONATE TO SAZEDA’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE