WHO IS ABHIMANYU (ABI) KUMAR?
- Abi Kumar is the pre-selected Labor candidate for the VIC federal seat of La Trobe, which is located in the outer eastern/south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne;
- Abi was born and grew up in India and lectured in chemical engineering and studied Information Technology;
- Later on, he worked for IBM and then worked for the Australian Government in Canberra;
- He lives in Melbourne’s south east with his wife Rajni and their two school aged daughters;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF LA TROBE LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of La Trobe is located in the outer eastern/south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne and includes suburbs such as Berwick, Beaconsfield, Officer, Pakenham etc -(you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of La Trobe is currently held by Liberal MP Jason Wood;
- The demographics of La Trobe consist of a significant South Asian Australian population with those born in India making up (2.4%) and Sri Lanka (2.0%) of the population;
WHY IS ABHIMANYU (ABI) PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Abhimanyu is running as a candidate because he is determined to be a strong voice for the people of La Trobe;
- He believes that every child should have access to quality education at school, then university or TAFE;
- He also wants all Australians to have access to the best health services and medical treatment, regardless of post code or credit card limit;
MEDIA ON ABHIMANYU (ABI) KUMAR – here are a few media articles talking about Abhimanyu (Abi) and his candidacy:
WHERE CAN YOU FIND ABHIMANYU (ABI)?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Facebook: AbiForLaTrobe;
- Website: https://www.alp.org.au/our-people/our-people/abi-kumar/;
WANT TO DONATE TO ABHIMANYU’S (ABI) CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE