WHO IS MANISH PATEL?
- Manish Patel is the pre-selected Liberal Party candidate for the VIC federal seat of Corio, which is located in the western shores of Port Phillip Bay and stretches to the north of Geelong and inland;
- Manish was born in India and migrated to Australia in 2007. He has been married to his wife for fourteen years and have two children;
- He is a mortgage/finance broker and sees his role as helping people become more financially literate and empower them to understand their choices;
- He has also worked in the social welfare sector for ten years and has learned about the everyday challenges faced by the community in Corio;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF CORIO LIKE?
- The federal VIC seat of Corio is located in the western shores of Phillip Bay and stretches to the north of Geelong and inland. It covers suburbs such as Avalon, Corio, Belmont, Breakwater, East Geelong, North Geelong, South Geelong, Geelong West, North Shore, St Albans Park etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral (AEC) website);
- The seat of Corio is currently held by Labor MP and Deputy Leader of the Opposition Richard Marles;
- There is not a lot of Asian background population in the electorate of Corio with (0.8%) of the population being born in India;
WHY IS MANISH PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Manish wants to listen to the community in Corio and take their ideas on how to improve Australia’s health, education, welfare, infrastructure, and economic systems;
- He also wants to help small businesses in the area by fighting for more services;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MANISH?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone: 0460 875 560;
- Facebook: @ManishPatelCorio;
WANT TO DONATE TO MANISH’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE