WHO IS WENJIE ZHANG?
- Wenjie Zhang is the pre-selected Liberal Party candidate for the NSW federal seat of Grayndler which is located in and around the Inner Western suburbs of Sydney;
- Wenjie was born in China and migrated to Australia in April 1992 after completing his studies in Traditional Chinese Medicine;
- He began work at the Balmain Chinese Medicine Clinic on the day he first arrived in Sydney, and continued to work in Balmain with his mother for 26 years;
- He has completed his MBA at the University of Technology Sydney in 1998 and was the Liberal candidate for Balmain at the 2019 NSW election;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF GRAYNDLER LIKE?
- The federal NSW seat of Grayndler is located in and around the Inner Western suburbs of Sydney, and covers suburbs of Balmain, Balmain East, Enmore, Haberfield, Leichardt, Petersham, Rozelle etc – (you can find out more on the suburbs on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website);
- The seat of Grayndler is currently held by the Labor Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese;
- It has an interesting demographic with a mixture of those coming from a Scottish and Irish backgrounds as well as those coming from some sort of Chinese (5.0%) and Vietnamese (1.5%) backgrounds;
WHY IS WENJIE PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- Wenjie wants to fight to improve local roads and transport;
- He also wants to make sure the community of Grayndler has access to world class hospitals and healthcare;
MEDIA ON WENJIE ZHANG – here are a few media articles talking about Wenjie and his candidacy:
- Liberals name nine additional NSW candidates ahead of the federal election;
- Federal Liberals select nine election candidates in NSW seats despite legal challenge;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND WENJIE?
- Facebook: @WenjieZhang4Grayndler;
- Website: https://nswliberal.org.au/Federal/Wenjie-Zhang/Meet-Wenjie;
WANT TO DONATE TO WENJIE’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE