WHO IS SAM LIM?
- Sam Lim is the pre-selected Labor candidate for the WA federal seat of Tangney, which is located south of the Swan and Canning rivers;
- Sam was born in Johor, Malaysia and for two years served as a Police Constable with the Royal Malaysian Police Force, before leaving to become a dolphin trainer, and then running several small businesses.
- He later migrated to Australia with his wife and three kids and made WA as their home;
- Sam joined the WA Police Academy in 2006 and has since worked across Perth and regional Western Australia.
- Sam has a very diverse language skill set being able to fluently speak Chinese dialects such as Mandarin, Cantonese and others as well as Malay. He loves and cherishes his Malaysian Chinese heritage;
- In 2020, Sam was awarded Police Officer of the year for his work with multicultural communities during the COVID-19 pandemic;
WHAT IS THE FEDERAL ELECTORATE OF TANGNEY LIKE?
- The federal WA seat of Tangney in its current form contains most of the suburbs under the local council area of Melville and some suburbs under the City of Canning and lies on the south of both the Swan and Canning rivers in Perth;
- It has a large Asian population with over (10%) of the electorate demographics having some sort of Chinese ancestry coming from Malaysia, China and Singapore. In terms of other decent sized Asian populations those born in India make up around (3%) of the population;
- The federal seat of Tangney is currently held Liberal MP Ben Morton;
WHY IS SAM PUTTING HIS HAND UP AND RUNNING AS A CANDIDATE?
- For Sam, it is simple. He wants for all the families in Tangney the same thing he wants for his family – an equal share of the pie. That means better education, healthcare, good jobs and economy;
MEDIA ON SAM LIM – here are a few media articles talking about Sam and his candidacy:
- Federal Election 2022: WA Police officer Sam Lim revealed as Labor’s candidate for Ben Morton’s Tangney seat;
WHERE CAN YOU FIND SAM?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Mobile: 0475 675 404;
- Facebook: @samlim4tangney;
- Website: https://www.samlim.com.au;
WANT TO DONATE TO SAM’S CAMPAIGN? PLEASE CLICK HERE